DID YOU KNOW
- For the first time in 200 years, our children are not expected to live as long as we do.
- By 2025, the rate of cancer is expected to rise to 42%.
- Risk of death of adults with diabetes is 50% higher than those without; between 2000 and 2009, the amount of type 1 diabetes in children under 20 climbed 21%, and type 2 jumped 30% in the same period for children.
- 16 million Americans had at least one major depressive episode in 2012.
- 50% of Americans have life-shortening diseases by age 18.
The statistics of America’s failing health go on and on…. Why? Our American medical system is based on the prevention of death with early diagnosis rather than prevention of disease. We spend more than the entire continent of Europe on cancer care and have over 700,000 more deaths per year than they do! The cancer epidemic touches almost every American.
Early diagnosis of diseases such as cancer is better than nothing, but is no longer acceptable. There are affordable and effective strategies available to treat the root causes of early symptoms before they become diseases. It’s time to focus on preventing diseases, not just wait until they take hold to act.
Call the Riobe Institute of Integrative Medicine for an appointment today and start your path to prevention. Don’t wait to feel great!